DIRECTORATE OF REGP
KHADI AND VILLAGE INDUSTRIES COMMISSION
3,IRLA ROAD, VILE PARLE(W), MUMBAI-56.
C I R C U L A R
Sub: Rural Employment Generation Programme.
Instances have come to the notice of the Commission that additional subsidy benefit from other organization /Departments of either Central or State Government have been availed by the units financed under REGP - Gramodyog Rojgar Yojana of the Commission in the State of Karnataka, through Karnataka KVI Board on the basis of no objection in the matter received from Reserve Bank of India.
2. The matter was considered by the Commission in its meeting no.525th dated 27.11.2003 wherein it has been decided that it is not proper to pass on double subsidy to any REGP unit. Double subsidy should not be passed on to an individual and instead more entrepreneurs/individuals should be encouraged to take part in promoting village industries so that the State progresses faster.
3. This will be applicable to all States and Union Territories in the Country.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
1. All State/Divisional Offices of KVIC.
2. All State/UT KVI Boards
1. All Members of the Commission
2. Financial Advisor
4. Chief Vigilance Officer
5. All Dy.C.E.Os of the Commission in Mumbai and Guwahati
6. All Industry/Programme Directors
7. All MDTCs/Training Centres under the Commission in and outside Mumbai.