DIRECTORATE OF REGP
KHADI AND VILLAGE INDUSTRIES COMMISSION
IRLA ROAD, VILE PARLE (WEST), MUMBAI – 56.
No. REGP/Policy-211(II)/NER/2003-04/ Date:- 24-3-2004
C I R C U L A R
Sub:- RURAL EMPLOYMENT GENERATION PROGRAMME - Opening of Savings Accounts (without Cheque
facility) in Nodal Branches of Public Sector Banks by State KVI Boards in the North Eastern Zone.
Ref:- Circular No. REGP/Pending Claims/Part File/2003-04 dated 3-11-2003.
In continuation to this Office Circular cited above wherein it was emphasized to bifurcate the Public Sector Banks between KVIC and KVIB for implementation of REGP Scheme, looking to the uneven presence of Banking network in the North-Eastern Zone, it has been decided that all State Offices of the Commission will continue with the practice of the entertaining REGP claims of all Public Sector Banks as done hitherto, except Nagaland. In Nagaland, the State KVI Board will look after the work of REGP and open Bank accounts accordingly.
2. In case of RRBs, the KVIBs will open separate Saving Bank account (without Cheque facility) with their Sponsorer Bank at their Headquarter. State Offices of the Commission will not deal with the RRBs except in Tripura. In Tripura, the Commission’s State Office may open new Saving Bank account (without Cheque facility) in the Tripura Gramin Bank as the entire financing is being done by State Office only. It may be stated here that as and when any withdrawal is felt necessary, a request letter to the Bank Branch by the authorized signatories will be sufficient.
3. The operational procedure for implementation of the Scheme, through Nodal Branches communicated vide Office Order No. 1911 dated 17.1.2002 will remains unchanged (copy enclosed).
4. In case of Co-operative Banks/Private Sector Scheduled Commercial Banks, the State KVIBs will continue to deal in accordance with the existing procedure on reimbursement basis.
5. This will be effective for all cases financed after 1-4-2004.
Encl: as above CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
1. All State Directors of the Commission in the N. E. Zone
2. All State KVIBs in the N. E. Zone.
Copy to :-
1. Financial Advisor, KVIC
2. Jt. CEO, KVIC
3. All Dy. CEOs in Mumbai
4. Dy. CEO (NEZ) in Guwahati.
5. F.A. & CAO of KVIBs in N. E. Zone
6. All Offices of the Commission in and outside Mumbai.