DIRECTORATE OF MARKETING
OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR KVI
IRLA ROAD, VILE PARLE(W),MUMBAI-56.
No.Mkt./DSOs/Review/2005-2006 Date:20th September, 2005
review of the functioning of Departmental Sales Outlets(DSOs), it has been
decided to provide maximum shelf space for marketing of Khadi and Village
Industries products produced by the institutions/units assisted by KVIC/KVIBs
and REGP units. Hence, all DSOs are hereby directed to follow the guidelines
mentioned below for strict compliance –
(i) Procurement of all V.I. products to be done on consignment basis only. This was to have been effective from the date of the Review Meeting (19th July, 2005) as announced during the meeting.
(ii) Henceforth, no wholesale will be done. However, Government Supply will be permitted by DSOs to the extent of the target approved.
(iii) The procurement and selling of handicrafts and other items which are manufactured and supplied by the non-KVI Sector institutions/units/dealers is to be stopped with immediate effect.
(iv) The existing stock of such handicrafts and
other items procured from non-KVI institutions/units/dealers may be cleared by
31st December, 2005 and from 1st January, 2006, no handcrafts item of non-KVI
sector shall be sold from the DSOs.
All Managers/In-charges of DSOs are informed for strict compliance of the above guidelines and to ensure that the DSOs are providing marketing avenues only to the products produced/supplied by institutions/units assisted by KVIC/KVIBs as well as REGP units.
Chief Executive Officer
1. All the Managers of DSOs
2. All State/Divisional Offices With a request to circulate the above guidelines to all the institutions, State KVI Boards and REGP units. \
Copy to –
1. All Directorates/Sections in Central Office
2. All State KVI Boards
3. All Sections in Central Office
4. All heads of departments/offices of the Commission in and outside Mumbai.
5. Director (Publicity) - For publishing in the ensuing Jagruti.
6. Hindi Officer - For Hindi version
7. Director(IT) - For web-site